Wednesday 21 May 2014

IT'S BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a long gap (is it really three years since I last updated?) Strip Search is about to return. Why so long? It's hard to say, but there have been some contributing factors. Firstly a hard drive crash that took the rest of my Tomb Of Dracula article. Then my full time job left me little time to keep it going. But the main reason, I think, was a growing disillusionment with modern comics. And somehow that spread to comics as a whole. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I just wasn't reading any at all. Now, when this happened it was just after my father's death and everything else just seemed so trivial.  That was almost two-and-a-half years ago, and it's only just recently that I've suddenly felt the urge to return to the world of comics. So here I am, back from my exile. Will it last? I hope so. I have come to realise how much I've missed it. So soon, Strip Search will resurface. I will rewrite the rest of that Tomb Of Dracula article, but first up will be the first in a series of articles about Jack Kirby's Klassic "Fourth World" tetraology. Watch out for it Friday, or as it is now known "Fourth World Friday".
See you soon,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment